Thursday, August 30, 2012

Leo Tolstoy - Anna Karenina. A Review *SPOILERS*




The are many books which, after reading the first 2 pages i have instinctively understood were not my cup of tea, and many more i simply do not bother with. e.g spiritual stuff...

And yet if i have not read any other books of Leo Tolstoy, i solely blame this book and this book alone. I regret the day i picked up this book over other works of Tolstoy, my mistake of inherent weakness for exotic women from far away lands and foreign cultures. I always had a weakness for nobel russian women and watching a still of beautiful Sophie Marceau posing as Anna Karenina sealed the deal for me, BOY would i regret that later.

At the beginning everything was nice and cold like true russian winter and she so noblesque and vulnerable but what started off as alluring slowly started turning into rebuke and ended up in complete and utter revulsion for this character.

* CAREFULL SPOILERS AHEAD...* & so called usage of OBSCENE LANGUAGE by the so called normal social standards.

Little did i know that Anna Karenina will end up becoming my most hated female character in literature and will be exalted to the epitome of my most hated feminine stereotype. Even till this day just writing about her makes my blood boil !!!.

I mean how fucked up does a woman need be, she has a nice husband though bonded by respect not love and a child she adores. then she finds a lover who adores her and sticks by her, so in the name of love she dumps her husband for some new cock and whelps out a kid. AND THEN SOMETHING BRILLIANT HAPPENS...

She COMPLETELY ruins her new life... she neglects the child she has, for the child she had but wants her husband to give up whilst keeping the lover's cock inbetween her legs. I mean FUCK ME ! SENSELESS !!! By then i was so rabid with anger that my reasoning and rational went out the window and i wanted any character in the book to SLAP THE BLOODY! BITCH!!! ABSOLUTELY SENSELESS !!!.

I finished the book dragging through every page taking solace in fact that this TWIT of a TWAT dies in the end... and when the train finally hits her i wishes i could be there and grab her head and bash it thrice over simply to quell my anger.

I knew this will be one book i will never read again...

Dont get me wrong, this book probably must be a great book, very well written book for no other book had evoked such strong emotions of hatred within me... that till this day i have never picked up another Tolstoy though i'm thinking to change that in near future.

Hence, Anna Karenina is the my most hated book of all time and that says a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment